Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

Trading Board Games over on BoardGameGeek!

Today is my last official day of summer vacation.  While I had a number of work meetings this past week, next Monday is the start of classes and thus the day I consider my start date for the year!  While I don't expect that I'll get to play nearly as many board games now that summer is over, I have managed to continue trading games - in fact, in the past few weeks I made a pair of board game trades over on BoardGameGeek's webpage.  

Trade 1:

For this trade, I swapped my copy of Tiny Epic Dungeons for Ticket to Ride:  Nordic Countries.  Tiny Epic Dungeons was a Kickstarter that I backed but after playing it twice I didn't feel that it had a spot in my collection as I have other "dungeon crawl" type games that I simply like better.  In its place, I'm now the new owner of Ticket to Ride:  Nordic Countries, a lovely looking winter-themed Ticket to Ride game.


Ticket to Ride is probably my son's favorite "genre" of board games right now so I'm happy to be able to add another variation to our collection.  I fully expect that once my son is tired of Ticket to Ride that I'll trade away most of the versions I own, but for now it's nice to options!  From what I can tell, Nordic Countries is a version specifically designed around 2-3 players (which is perfect as that's the usual player count for when I play Ticket to Ride)!  

Someday I'll have to do a ranking post for all the Ticket to Ride variations that I've played.  While I'm not going to do that today, here is a list of the various Ticket to Ride games that I own (or have played):
  • Ticket to Ride w/ 1910 expansion
  • Ticket to Ride:  Europe 15th Anniversary
  • Ticket to Ride:  New York
  • Ticket to Ride:  London
  • Ticket to Ride:  Marklin
  • Ticket to Ride:  Nordic Countries* 
  • Ticket to Ride:  Rails and Sails
  • Ticket to Ride:  Map Collection 5 - United Kingdom & Pennsylvania*
  • Ticket to Ride:  Map Collection 7 - Japan & Italy*

*On the above list, I haven't yet played Nordic Countries nor either side of Map Collection 5.  I did play the Japan side of Map Collection 7 but I haven't yet tried the Italy side.  Obviously, there's a lot of games for me to try out before I can definitely rank the various Ticket to Ride games (and yes, there are tons of other versions out there but I think I've got enough for now)!

Trade 2:

My other trade from the past couple of weeks saw me sending away my copy of Machi Koro for an expansion for the game Dominion called Prosperity.  Machi Koro is a fine game where you roll dice and activate various buildings in your tableau with the added bonus of some buildings also get to be activated when other people roll dice on their turn.  I have the follow-up game Machi Koro:  Bright Lights, Big City in my collection still though so I didn't think I needed the original Machi Koro as well.  


In exchange for Machi Koro, I was able to land Prosperity, one of the many, many expansions for the classic deckbuilder game Dominion.  I haven't actually played my copy of Dominion in years as I my brother and I got tired of the cards we had and moved on to other games.  I do recall enjoying Dominion quite a bit so hopefully getting a new (to me) expansion will breathe new life into the game.  This particular expansion is focused on wealth with less emphasis on negative player interaction (or so I understand).  That's perfect for playing with my brother as he hates most games in which there's any sort of negative player interaction.  

That does it for the past couple of weeks of board game trading.  I did participate in the August Math Trade and had a couple of trades go through so hopefully those games will arrive before long and I'll be able to show them off as well.  For now, I'm off to enjoy my last day off...and yes, hopefully that will include some board game playing later tonight once my son gets home from school (he started Kindergarten yesterday)!

Comments