Featured Post

Another Monday, Another TCDB Trade!

It's Monday which means it's time to dip into the mailbag for the past week!  As has been normal lately, the mailbag is nearly empty...but not totally empty for the week.  In fact, I only managed to complete a single TCDB trade but at least it was a good one that netted me a few needed cards!

This week's swap was with user MHLayton.  Thanks to the trade, I was able to grab two of the last three 2023 Allen & Ginter box loader cards that I needed for my set:


With Verlander and Harper now in hand, I only need the Shohei Ohtani box topper to complete my collection.  There are a few of Ohtani's listed on TCDB so I guess it's time for me to make some trade proposals!

In addition, I was also able to acquire this Barry Larkin card from 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary:


That's a Red Atomic Refractor #/100 - and it's certainly a nice addition to my growing stack of Barry Larkin cards from the 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum set!  Speaking of that stack, here's the full list of what I'm trying to collect in terms of Barry Larkin cards from the 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum set:

2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Barry Larkin Wants:
  1. Regular base card
  2. Refractors
  3. Black & White Mini-Diamond Refractors (Lite only)
  4. X-Fractors (Hobby and Lite only)
  5. Prism Refractors (retail only)
  6. Blue Prism Refractors (retail only)
  7. Gold Prism Refractors (retail only)
  8. Red Prism Refractors (retail only)
  9. Aqua Lava Refractors (serial-numbered to 299 copies)
  10. Yellow RayWave Refractors (serial-numbered to 250 copies)
  11. Blue Mini-Diamond Refractors (serial-numbered to 199 copies)
  12. Platinum Toile White/Blue Refractors (serial-numbered to 199 copies)
  13. Speckle Refractors (serial-numbered to 150 copies)
  14. Blue Atomic Refractors (serial-numbered to 100 copies; retail only)
  15. Fuchsia Atomic Refractors (serial-numbered to 100 copies)
  16. Platinum Toile Cream/Fuchsia Atomic Refractors (serial-numbered to 100 copies; Hobby only)
  17. Red Atomic Refractors (serial-numbered to 100 copies; Hobby only)
  18. Green Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  19. Platinum Toile White/Green Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  20. Platinum Toile Cream/Rose Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 75 copies)
  21. Rose Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 75 copies)
  22. Rose Gold Mini-Diamond Refractors (serial-numbered to 75 copies)
  23. Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  24. Gold Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies; Hobby only)
  25. Platinum Toile Cream/Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  26. Platinum Toile White/Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  27. Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  28. Orange Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies; Hobby only)
  29. Autographs
  30. Autographs Refractors (serial-numbered to 199 copies)
  31. Autographs Aqua Refractors (serial-numbered to 150 copies)
  32. Autographs Blue Prism Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)
  33. Autographs Platinum Toile Cream/Blue Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  34. Autographs Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  35. Autographs Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies; Hobby only)
I now have 18 of the 35 cards (remember, I ignore any cards with a stated print run of less than 25 copies).  Over halfway done...though I imagine the second half of this collection will be much, MUCH harder to complete as compared to the first half!

Many thanks to MHLayton for the trade - and if anyone else would like to trade with me here's a link to my want list (or find me over on TCDB)!

Comments

  1. Aesthetically... it's gonna be tough to match that red atomic refractor. I guess the red prism has a shot, but my money is on the card above. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment