Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,003: 1995 SP - #32 - Special FX

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  SP
Card number:  32
Insert set:  Special FX


The 1995 SP set had a 48-card Special FX insert set which were seeded 1:75 packs!  The Special FX cards don't scan particularly well but I promise they look quite nice in hand!  I'm a big fan of both sides of the card - the front has a nice shot of Larkin in the field (plus the hologram looks great).  The back has an action shot of Larkin fielding plus a small blurb about Larkin finally unseating Ozzie Smith as the NL Gold Glover at shortstop.  This is the type of insert that feels special, so the fact that they were seeded 1:75 packs is quite fitting and appropriate!  I'm definitely happy to have this one in my personal collection!

Comments

  1. I don't think I ever pulled one of these (didn't open a lot of baseball in 1995), but I've seen these at shows and they're really nice. Congratulations on adding the Larkin to your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment