Featured Post

Board Game Friday: BoardGameGeek's Top 100-200 Games and My Personal Collection

Back in November of last year, I took a look at how my personal board game collection compared to Board Game Geek's Top 100 board games.  More specifically, I found that I owned 14 of BGG's Top 100 games - and of those 14 games I owned, I had actually played eight of them.  Today, I want to do a similar exercise except with BGG's games #101 - 200.  Of course, the BGG Top Games list changes over time but I still think this is a kind of fun exercise to do (and perhaps it'll be interesting to see how my collection morphs over time as the BGG list changes)!

So, how many games do I own in BGG's Tops Games 101 - 200?  

The answer is 17:



The 17 games I own are as follows:
  • #118:  Dominion
  • #120:  Quest for El Dorado
  • #130:  Codenames
  • #135:  Splendor Duel
  • #138:  Ra
  • #141:  Pandemic
  • #142:  Just One
  • #143:  Res Arcana
  • #147:  Clank! Catacombs
  • #165:  Undaunted:  Normandy
  • #171:  That's Pretty Clever
  • #172:  Welcome To...
  • #176:  Jaipur
  • #179:  Unmatched:  Cobble & Fogg
  • #184:  Wonderland's War (I didn't have this one uploaded into my BGG account apparently)
  • #187:  Earth
  • #193:  Sagrada

That's quite a list of games!  Of the 17 games I own, I'm pleased to report that I've actually played most of them (13 of the 17).  The only games on that list that I haven't yet played are Res Arcana, That's Pretty Clever, Wonderland's War, and Earth.  Of those, both Res Arcana and Earth are games I've traded for relatively recently while Wonderland's War just arrived from a recent crowdfunding campaign (no excuse for not playing That's Pretty Clever, I've owned that game for a long time)!

Of the 13 games that I own and have played from this list, I'd say most are deserving of a Top 200 overall ranking.  I love Quest for Eldorado, Ra, and Jaipur (along with Unmatched:  Cobble & Fogg).  Sagrada is also another awesome game - and one that should be much higher up the list than "only" #193.  

On a side note, I've also played:
  • #121: Aeon's End:  War Eternal
  • #159:  Ticket to Ride: Europe (I own the Anniversary Edition of this game so it didn't show up as me owning it above)
  • #163:  Magic: The Gathering (I own a lot of Magic cards but I don't log those on BGG either)
  • #183:  Descent: Journeys into the Dark (2nd Edition)
  • #186:  Memoir '44 (played only on Board Game Arena)
If you count Ticket to Ride: Europe and Magic: The Gathering as games I own, then I'm up to 19 out of the 100 games ranked #101 - 200.  That's pretty good if you ask me!  

Now it's my turn to ask the question to you:  How many games have you played in the batch of games #101 - 200?  And, perhaps more importantly to me personally, which game (or games) would recommend I try out of this list?!  

Comments