Featured Post

TCDB Monday: 2024 Stuff is Here!

With the release of 2024 Topps Series 1, I'm back in the collecting game and on the hunt for some new stuff.  That's great since I've (mostly) tapped out the TCDB trade offerings for the older sets that I'm still working on!  

This past week was a good one in that I received three different trade packages, one of my largest trade hauls in months!  Let's get right into the good stuff starting with this swap with TCDB user Awesomo1389:


I bought myself a pair of hobby boxes of 2024 Topps Series 1 but even so I was still 20ish cards away from a full base set.  Thanks to my first trade of last week, I'm now three cards closer to having the base set!  In addition to the three Series 1 cards, Awesomo1389 also sent along this Black Foil Barry Larkin parallel from the 2023 Stadium Club set (which was also released in 2024).



A great first trade for the week, but as I said, it wasn't the only trade of the week!

Next up, from user RyanFrueh comes a single new-to-me Barry Larkin card out of 2024 Topps:



That's one of the 1989 Chrome 35th Anniversary parallels - and it's the first of two copies that I need to track down for this particular card since I also hope to build the full chrome anniversary set this year (see my want list)!  I can only hope to be showing off a lot more 1989 Chrome cards in the near future!

Finally, we'll end last week's mail with a package from user Benjac33:



Yep, another 1989 Larkin design but this time it's the relic version!  I still enjoy getting Barry Larkin relic cards - and I must say that the 1989 design works surprisingly well for relics (though I wish Topps would have used a photo of Larkin from the 80s for the card)!  

That does it for last week in TCDB trades.  It definitely is fun to get back into the trading game again...hopefully I can continue to find trade partners as I work to finish my 2024 Topps Series 1 base set as well as the 1989 Chrome parallels.  Wish me luck (and if you have any Chrome parallels available for trade, let me know)!


Comments

  1. You bought two hobby boxes of Series 1 and were still 20ish cards away? That kinda sucks. But I just looked it up and noticed that there are only 20 packs (12 cards per pack) in each hobby box. I guess it's been awhile since I opened one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was expecting to do better but I guess fewer cards (and a larger Series 1 base set) contributed.

      Delete
  2. I've still got to go through my '24 Topps. I basically have just opened them without organizing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed out on 2023 stadium club. Looks like I missed some cool base cards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment