Featured Post

The Quest for 35!

Hitting Up eBay on a Quest for Chrome!

I've mentioned this a few times now but I've decided to try and collect the 100-card 1989 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary Chrome set from this year's Topps flagship set.  It's a daunting feat, to be sure, but I like a good collecting challenge!  

In an effort to get a jump start on my set build, I recently bought a lot of the chrome cards off of eBay.  The lot contained a total of 12 cards (but one of the 12 cards was a duplicate within the lot).  



I ended up buying the lot prior to completing all those trades over on TCDB (see this post) so the real question now is:  How did I do?  Did I luck out and actually still need some of the cards I purchased or am I sitting on nothing more than a bunch of trade bait at the moment?

As luck would have it, the lot only contained 5 cards that I previously traded for.  Not bad at all!  I'm now up to having 30 of the 100 cards from the set!  If you happen to have any lying around, please check out my want list and let me know if you have any available for trade!

Comments