Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,026: 1995 Topps Embossed - #129 - Golden Idols

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Topps Embossed
Parallel set:  Golden Idols
Card number:  129


This has to go down as one of the all-time ugliest card designs.  The regular 1995 Topps Embossed cards are quite nice (see here) but the Golden Idols parallels are hideous!  Seeded one-per-pack, the ugly parallels aren't particularly rare either (the full base set is only 140 cards).  For my money, this is a parallel set that can be best left alone (though obviously as a player collector I felt the need to track down one of Larkin's parallels despite my personal feelings on the card design).  Do as I say, not as I do would probably be the appropriate maxim to state here to close the post.

Comments

  1. I agree. Normally I'm a fan of 90's parallels... but this is one of the exceptions. Had they made these one per box, then at least their would be kind tough to pull.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment