Featured Post

My Next Collecting Project: Any Help is Appreciated!

Board Game Friday: Updating My Top 10 Shelf of Shame

Back in mid-May, I revisited my old board game "Shelf of Shame" post and took a look to see which games no longer resided on the dreaded shelf of unplayed games.  As it turned out, I did quite well by playing four of the ten games I had listed back then (recap here).  

Today, I'm back with a new post meant to motivate me to continue to play my unplayed board games!  Without further ado, here's my new shelf of shame list (I'm limiting my list to only ten games despite the fact that I have more than ten unplayed games in my possession at the moment)!

Top 10 Shelf of Shame Board Games:  June 2024

10. Food Chain Magnate
9.  The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Adventure Game
8.  Raccoon Tycoon
7.  Dinosaur World
6.  Intrepid
5.  Apex Theropod Deck Building Game: Collected Edition
4.  Wonderland's War
3.  Endless Winter: Paleoamericans
2.  Slay the Spire:  The Board Game
1.  Unmatched: Battle of Legends, Volume Two

A bunch of the above games are holdovers from my last shelf of shame.  However, there are a number of new entries on my list including #2:  Slay the Spire:  The Board Game.  Slay the Spire started out as a video game (which I've played quite a bit of).  So much, in fact, that I ended up backing the Kickstarter since I enjoyed the computer game.  Well, the Kickstarter recently delivered so now it's up to me to get the game going on the table top!

This thing is a beast!

Wonderland's War is another Kickstarter success that fairly recently shipped out to me.  That one will be a lot tougher for me to get to the table since the game is large (both in terms of physical footprint but also in terms of rules and decision, or at least I think that's true from what I've read).  Even harder to get played will be Food Chain Magnate as I don't think I have anyone in my life right now who'd be willing to learn and play that game with me.  It's too bad because the game looks amazing but it's a tough sell based on complexity and length of play.

Will I end up playing any of the above ten games before the end of the year?  I'm going to be optimistic and say "yes" despite knowing that it's almost guaranteed that I don't play a few of them (perhaps ever)!

Comments