Featured Post

The Conclusion of my Facebook Marketplace Purchase

Earlier this week, I showed off part two of my recent Facebook marketplace purchase.  Today, I'm back with the third and final post showing off the rest of the cards that I acquired.

I want to begin with what is probably my favorite card of the entire purchase - and it's one of the only non-relic cards in the lot:


That's a gorgeous metal framed card from 2020 Topps Transcendent Collection Hall of Fame Edition and it's numbered out of only 50 copies.  I think it will probably be a pain to store (it's quite thick and heavy so I doubt it will fit in my Larkin binder).  However, despite the potential storage difficulties, this is a gorgeous looking card!  

The final two cards of the purchase are both relics.  I got this 2020 Panini National Treasures "Colossal" relic (which is serially numbered out of 49 copies).  


I do like the giant bunch of red cloth but otherwise there isn't much to write home about here.  Most of the Panini relic designs are kind of lacking - but hey, it was a Larkin card that I didn't own and now I do so I'm still happy with this one!

Finally, we end with a dual relic card of Larkin numbered out of 150 copies:


This is a Topps Tribute dual relic card from 2018, one of the many Barry Larkin cards that I still need from the year 2018.  By my count, I now own 47 out of the 200 different Larkin cards from 2018.  Heck, even if you only look at 2018 Topps Tribute I'm still missing six of the eight cards (remember I ignore anything with a stated print run of under 25 copies).


All in all, this was a great purchase that netted me a bunch of rather rare Barry Larkin cards.  I don't go crazy for relics in general but given the opportunity to grab a bunch that I needed in one swoop, I couldn't resist!  

Finally, it's worth noting that I'm all caught up on mail posts!  I guess I need to get back to trading and/or buying cards again soon.  

Comments

  1. That's really cool that you're completely caught up on your mail posts. Between COMC, Sportlots, blogger care packages, and my "turtle" approach to scanning and organizing new cards... I doubt I'll ever be in your position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well, it helps that I haven't done much trading in the past month or so! It does feel good to be caught up, not going to lie about that. Of course, I won't be caught up for long as I recently did a bit of a buying splurge over on eBay, I expect those purchases to trickle in over the next week or two.

      Delete

Post a Comment