Featured Post

It's TCDB Monday Time!

Board Game Friday: June 2024 Games Played Recap!

June was a busy month for my family.  The beginning of the month was marked by my son graduating from Kindergarten (time definitely flies).  Then, about a week later, we loaded up into the car and did a one week tour of a big chunk of the eastern United States (Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, and New York were all hit on our trip).  With all of the excitement and activity, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the past month was a weak one in terms of board gaming.  However, I'm pleased to say that I greatly exceeded expectations and managed to play a total of 35 plays spread across 16 different games.

As usual, we'll start with the visual for the month:



The biggest winner this month was Lost Ruins of Arnak, one of my current favorite games of all time along with The Quest for El Dorado (another favorite of mine)!

The top nine for the month looked like this:



My son and wife got in on the action with Ticket to Ride:  Nordic Countries (along with several other Ticket to Ride versions).  Gizmos was a game that my son and I played at our local game shop.  He liked it so much, he requested that we go back to the same game shop a week later and we played Gizmos two more times.  I also finally got Dinosaur Island back to the table for the first time in a couple of years.  It took some time for the game rules to come back to me, but once I got it down, it's a smooth game (albeit a huge table hog)!

Finally, my son and tried out Dungeons & Dragons:  Adventure Begins one last time.  That particular game served its purpose but it's going into my "for trade" pile of board games.  My son is now interested in learning proper Dungeons & Dragons - a game that I've never played (so I guess I have some learning to do first)!

That does it for table top board gaming in June 2024.  I more than doubled my total number of plays as compared to May 2024 (35 to 15) and doubled the number of different games played (16 to 8).  Will July be an even stronger month of game playing?  There's a decent chance since we don't have any more family vacations planned and my son will be home from school all month!

Comments