Featured Post

I'm a Dummy.

About a week or so ago, I found an eBay auction for what I thought was a 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary parallel that I still needed.  Quickly, I pressed buy (it was cheap) and didn't think anything else of it until the card arrived last week. 

I ripped open the envelope and took a look at the card and said to myself "don't I have this one already?!"


Answer:  Yep, I bought a Blue Prism Refractor when I thought I was buying a Blue Mini-Diamond Refractor (which I have since purchased over on COMC so as to not run into this issue again).  What can I say, too many parallels plus me being an idiot equals bad news and wasted cash.

For the record (perhaps for my use as much as anyone's), here is what I still need from the 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set:

2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Barry Larkin Wants:
  • Gold Prism Refractors (retail only)
  • Red Prism Refractors (retail only)
  • Platinum Toile White/Green Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Rose Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 75 copies)
  • Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Platinum Toile White/Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Orange Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies; Hobby only)
  • Autographs Refractors (serial-numbered to 199 copies)
  • Autographs Aqua Refractors (serial-numbered to 150 copies)
  • Autographs Blue Prism Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies; Hobby only)
  • Autographs Platinum Toile Cream/Blue Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Autographs Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Autographs Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies; Hobby only)

Comments

  1. We've all been there. I don't think there's any true collector who hasn't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't buy a duplicate, you just refilled you supply of trade bait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to keep track of all the parallels from Platinum Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone. At least it was cheap. Hopefully you'll be able to trade it for a card you need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment