Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,046: 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary - #74

Barry Larkin
Year:  2022
Brand:  Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary
Card number:  74


The 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set is a huge set with tons and tons of parallels.  I have spent a considerable amount of time (and resources) attempting to acquire as many of the Barry Larkin parallels as possible, but for today, we simply have the base card to take a look at.  Larkin's card isn't terribly exciting, to be honest.  Basically, a mug shot of Barry with empty bleachers in the background.  Heck, even the Reds logo looks boring in the big white box, I do wish Topps would have employed the Reds "running man" logo instead, at least that's a bit more interesting.  

Flipping the card over, we see Larkin's career statistics as well as a couple of brief bullet points describing some highlights of his career.  I do like the easy-to-read card number at the top of the card!  

All told this isn't my favorite Barry Larkin card design ever, but it is one in which I'll probably end up having some of the most versions as I've gone whole hog collecting as many parallels as possible.  I'm sure I'll have plenty more posts about this set as I go through the various parallels showing them off one at a time!

Comments