Featured Post

Buying a Card Out of Pure Spite

A few weeks ago, I made an offer to a fellow collector on TCDB for a specific Barry Larkin card from 2023 Panini Chronicles.  In my eyes, my offer was more than generous in favor of the other person.  However, the person countered my offer by requesting even more cards.  At that point, I was certain that I was being taken advantage of and decided to check eBay for the same card and see if I was correct in my hunch.

A $1.25 later (price includes shipping), this 2023 Panini Chronicles Barry Larkin card was all mine...and that TCDB trader was left in the dust.


Honestly, it's not even a card that I particularly like the look of.  However, 1)  It's a Barry Larkin card I didn't yet own and 2)  I no longer have to try and work out a swap with that TCDB user!  

It might have been a purchase made out of pure spite, but I don't regret a thing.

Comments

  1. I have been building my one and only set for a while. I'm down to about 50 SP's. I may need to start buying some although I don't want to. 2019 Topps Heritage because the 1970 Topps were the first card packs I ever bought when I was eight. Nice purchase that didn't set you back very much. Happy collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that a time or two, and I didn't regret it. I've also bought a card from a different source for roughly the same amount, if the offer I made was countered with little to no change in price (or sometimes the seller rejects the offer and lists it *higher* )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats a good spite card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I totally would have done the same. Part of the reason I rarely do card for card trades anymore is because I don't want to deal with the hassle of negotiating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the better reasons to buy a card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment