Featured Post

Nachos Grande Ranks MLB: #15 - Arizona Diamondbacks

Nachos Grande favorite MLB teams from #30 - #1.

Throughout the offseason (and possibly beyond depending on time), I thought it’d be interesting to rank the Major League Baseball teams in terms of how much I like and/or dislike them. Of course, everyone knows my favorite team is the Reds, and probably everyone knows what my least favorite team is too…and so I’ll be writing up the team reports in an arbitrary order to keep things interesting. In the end, you’ll have my entire list. Also, ALL cards shown on each team's write-up are available for trade.

#15. Arizona Diamondbacks

The Diamondbacks are a tough team for me to talk about. They are relatively new, have had relatively few famous players, and start there games close to midnight EST. That said, they did beat the Yankees in the World Series so that's a major plus! Not only that, but the 2001 World Series was the first World Series that occurred when I was in college, I'll probably always remember the floor of the dorm yelling and screaming throughout that game 7 - a bunch of the people on my floor were Yankees fans...and the rest of us were "fans of whoever was playing the Yankees." Good times!

However, other than that World Series, the Diamondbacks are mostly a team of "who's that"? ...much like the Reds are to most fans I would imagine, not too many players that make the highlight reels on Baseball Tonight. And speaking of "huh, who?" Take a look at that 1998 Diamondback card, it's easy to see why it must be so difficult to start a baseball team and have success...

Of course, not all the Diamondbacks are no namers - the team does have one of the best pitchers in the game - Brandon Webb! And, much like I try to collect all Barry Larkin cards, there's a Brandon Webb collector out there too!


Team pros:

They beat the Yankees in the 2001 World Series...and Eric Byrnes approves.

Team cons:

Other than the fact that they get little exposure on the East Coast, there's not a lot negative about the Diamondbacks...


Overall:

To me, the Diamondbacks are the perfect "vanilla" team. I don't love them, I don't hate them. I don't mind watching them play, but I don't mind missing their game if something better comes up. They are wonderfully generic...much like that yellow background card of D-Back star, Chris Young.







Nachos Grande Ranks MLB:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. Baltimore Orioles
8.
9. Colorado Rockies
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15. Arizona Diamondbacks
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26. San Francisco Giants
27.
28.
29.
30.

Comments

  1. Great post! Thanks for the Brandon Webb collector link to my blog. Go D-Backs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment