Featured Post

New Year's Resolutions Revisited: How Am I Doing?

Back in January, I posted My New Year Resolutions:  Sports Edition.  Now that the year is approximately halfway over, it's time to check in on my progress.

1. Visit a MLB Stadium that I haven't yet been to.

Complete?  No.
I did, however, visit a minor league park (Scranton) this year to watch Aroldis Chapman pitch.  Unfortunately, I've already been to that park...and that's the only professional game I've attended up to now.
2. Finish at least three of the sets on my current want list.
Complete?  No.
I've gotten tantalizingly close to completing a couple of sets but I haven't actually finished any off.
3. Continue blog trading.
Complete?  Yes.
To date, I've mailed 71 trade packages out, roughly one package every 2.4 days or so.  That's not too shabby.  I fully expect to complete more trades in the near future now that my move is over...and with Allen & Ginter almost hitting store shelves!
4. Attend at least one Cincinnati Reds game.
Complete?  No.
As I mentioned earlier, I haven't been able to make it to a single Major League game yet this year.  I do, however, have tentative plans to see the Reds play in July so there is still hope that I'll complete this resolution.

5. Make a blogger happy as a surprise.
Complete?  Yes.
I've sent a couple of "surprise" packages out, plus I added some surprise cards to group break packages of teams that didn't otherwise get any hits.  Both have resulted in some happy fellow bloggers judging by email and blog comments.
6. Continue growing my Barry Larkin Collection.  (And as an addendum, continue scanning and posting my Barry Larkin cards that I already have.)
Complete?  Yes.
My Barry Larkin Collection has grown considerably, and while I'm still wayyyyy behind on doing write-ups for all the Larkin cards I have, my online Larkin Collection is moving along nicely as well.  As of now, I have 58 different Barry Larkin cards scanned and posted.  It's not inconceivable that I could cross the 100 mark before December 31.
7. Be more a more visible blog presence.
Complete?  Yes.
I still don't post a reply to every blog I read but I have made a conscientious effort to post replies to at least a couple of blogs every day.  For the most part, I'm happy with my output in this category.

8. Come up with a contest.
Complete?  Yes.
I actually have a contest going on right now (click here to sign up)!  I also (still) have a great idea for a more diabolical contest...but it requires me to do a lot of work up front...and I'd really prefer to have some sort of great prize which requires me to contact Topps or Upper Deck I believe.  The diabolical contest may have to wait until next year...but at least I have another contest that's a bit more fun (and less work for everyone involved) going on now.
9. Finish my MLB Team Rank blog series before the regular baseball season begins.
Complete?  No.
I didn't complete that series before the regular season.  In fact, I ended up so busy with other posts and ideas that I only recently posted the final entry in the series in which I basically just listed the remaining teams in their corresponding spots.
10. Add more variety to the blog.
Complete?  Yes.
I'm going to say that I've completed this resolution, but I still think I could have a bit more variety on the blog.  I have added new things such as occasional contests, plenty of trade posts, snarky commentary, and a couple of group breaks.  I've also done a few photo blogs, some origami, and a cooking post or two.

Overall, I've completed 6 out of the 10 resolutions I set at the beginning of the year.  In all honestly, that's pretty good for me...especially since there is still half a year remaining!  I'm not sure if I'll actually have time to visit a new ballpark this year but the other three resolutions are all still within reach.

Comments

  1. Nice work on those goals! Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60% isn't bad. If I had tried to make a list like this I would probably be around 10%.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment