Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 76: 1994 O-Pee-Chee #125

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  O-Pee-Chee
Card number:  125

I find myself enjoying a wide variety of sets (as evidenced by my eclectic want list).  However, the O-Pee-Chee line has always been one of the brands that I never particularly cared for.  This Larkin card is an excellent example of what I don't like about O-Pee-Chee.

The front of the card isn't bad, though most custom card creators probably designed a card that looked better than this design on their first attempt...  If I had to improve it, I'd have made the team name a color rather than clear - and I'd have added the team logo somewhere, probably at the bottom right.  That said, it's not a bad design, just boring...at least for the front of the card.

The back of the card, on the other hand, is awful.  That is, it's awful if you are a set collector - look at the number in the top right corner...there's the brand logo overlapping it - ugh!  Whoever thought that was a good idea ought to have their computer taken away.  The rest of the card is alright, and like most Pacific cards, you get to learn a foreign language while looking at the card, so that's always fun right?

Finally, it deserves a mention - the card stock is also awful.  It's barely thicker than a piece of paper - and feels almost as flimsy.  It's almost like O-Pee-Chee used photo paper to print their baseball cards in 1994, ugh!

Comments