Featured Post

Group Break #5: Preview Pack - 2003 Fleer Authentix

I know I said I wouldn't do any more preview packs - but I am still waiting on too many payments to be able to go ahead with the break.  A few people have contacted me saying payment is coming, but too many still haven't bothered to either pay or at least tell me when payment is to be expected.  Also, there is still one open slot ($30.00 gets you a team of your choice plus a random team)...and amongst the random teams are the Mariners (some prime Griffey and A-Rod years) and the Padres (the Pacific box offers the chance for Gwynn autos).  Oh, and I already pulled a sweet Mariners card in my first preview pack!  You can go here to either sign-up OR see if I still need payment from you (in case you forgot).

Once I have payment from everyone, I will then do a team randomization for the second team that everyone gets.  At that point, I will open up team swapping if anyone is interested and the break will begin in earnest.  Until then, mostly because I didn't have much else to post for tonight, let's open one more box (out of the seven in the break) and take a look at another preview pack.

2003 Fleer Authentix:
Pack 01:

11.  Frank Thomas - White Sox

19.  Barry Zito - Athletics (team still available)

48.  Pedro Martinez - Red Sox

90.  Barry Larkin - Reds

108.  Michael Restovich - Twins (team still available)

I was happy with the Larkin although I'm fairly certain I already have that card.  Both the Zito (Athletics) and the Restovich (Twins) are available yet for the last slot.  The Restovich is part of a 10 card subset of the base set (Future Stars).  All told, I like the design of the cards - the theme works for me and I must admit I am looking forward to what the rest of the box holds (including what should be at least 3 hits in this box alone)!

Comments