Featured Post

Midwest Baseball Tour Phlogging: Stop 3: PNC Park, Pittsburgh, PA

If you recall from last week, I told you that I recently embarked on a four day, three city road trip of baseball goodness.  Today, it's time to take a look at a few of my photos from the final game of the trip - Reds vs. Pirates at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA.

One of the nicest ballparks I've ever been to.
Before the game began.
We had seats right next to the camera well on the first base side.  That provided me a great opportunity for photos!

Camera well.

Votto at the bat.

More Votto

Brandon Phillips, aka, DatDudeBP


Hatcher really hammed it up with the crowd, he even signed a ball for one couple in the fourth or fifth inning.

Drew Stubbs

Always fun to see a Reds win in person!

Local boy (from Pittsburgh).  He was excited to get a chance to pitch.

Ryan Hannigan


Aroldis Chapman coming in from the pen.


All things told, it was a great game (if you were a Reds fan).  The Reds struck out 17 Pirates enroute to a pretty easy victory.

After that trip, I'm already itching to get to another game or two this summer.  I'm trying to convince someone to go to either Cleveland or Washington with me but so far I don't have any takers.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Great pics - of a great win for the Reds!

    I agree with you, the Pirates ballpark is one of the better parks I've been to. It really has a lot of character, and the view of the skyline and the fact that it's on the river is amazing. In a lot of ways it's like GABP, though I think it may even 1-up that by a little bit. I hope they can get back to being competitive at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment