Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 316: 1994 Fleer - #414

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Fleer
Card number:  414

The 1994 Fleer set is almost criminally underrated by most baseball card collectors.  I seriously have no idea why people don't hold this set in higher esteem.  I would guess that the fine folks that worked at Fleer in 1994 felt the same way...so as a big "F U" to everyone they unleashed this base set monster in the following year.

Turning our attention back to the 1994 Fleer set, you get a pair of nice images of Larkin (one on the front and one on the back) plus a large team logo on the front (which I love).  The biggest drawback to the design is the foil lettering for the name and position.  I wish card companies didn't love foil so much - it's difficult to read!  I also prefer my card numbers at the top of the card rather than the bottom...but even with those two minor quibbles this is a nice looking card!

Taking a closer look at this card, I think I could even be convinced to complete the 1994 Fleer set at some point in the future!

Comments