Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 339: 1994 Upper Deck - #385 - Electric Diamond Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Upper Deck
Parallel set:  Electric Diamond
Card number:  385

When it comes to parallels, I'm happy they weren't in vogue for the majority of Barry Larkin's career.  If they were, then I'd feel the need to track down hundreds of pointless cards such as this Electric Diamond parallel.

Like most pointless parallels, the Electric Diamond cards are exactly the same as the regular 1994 Upper Deck base cards except for a sparkly player name and Upper Deck logo and the Electric Diamond name on the card front.  I wish Upper Deck would have been a bit more creative with their parallel set...but this was a time when a Topps Gold parallel (which was simply gold foil) caused excitement with collectors so I understand the lack of Upper Deck's effort.  All that said, the card does still feature excellent (unobscured) photography which I appreciate...and it still has all the different fonts and text directions which I loathe.

Comments