Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 468: 1997 Score - #538 - True Grit - Hobby Reserve Parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Score
Subset:  True Grit
Card number:  538
Parallel set:  Hobby Reserve

You know it's just getting goofy when I need six lines in the introduction in order to adequately describe the Larkin card at hand.  This particular card is part of the True Grit subset (which I already showed the "base" version of) except it gets a gold stamp making it a Hobby Reserve version.

You see, back in 1997 Score released its flagship set in two series.  The first series got a decent parallel set called Premium Stock (of which you can probably guess what the "catch" is).  Larkin's regular base card got the Premium Stock treatment since it was part of Series 1 (I wrote about that card here).  The Hobby Reserve cards are printed on a slightly better stock than the regular base cards (but it is inferior to the Series 1 parallels).  There is also still a big, dumb gold stamp on the card front...though at least the stamp is a bit smaller in size than the Premium Stock stamp in series 1...(a small victory).

Other than that, there isn't much else to say about this card - it is simply yet another pointless parallel that I feel the need to track down since I'm a Larkin completionist.  Yes, I definitely hate myself sometimes.

Comments