Featured Post

My 2019 Blog Resolutions: Check-In #5

This year, I've worked hard to stay on track in terms of completing my 2019 Blog Resolutions.  As part of my efforts, I've been doing a bi-monthly check-in on my resolutions simply to see where I'm at.  This particular check-in will be my last chance to get a feel for where I'm at (and what I still need to do) if I'm to be successful by the end of 2019!

By the way, if you'd like to see my last check-in, here's where I was at back at the end of August.

#1:  Barry Larkin Collection

My goal here was to grow my online Barry Larkin Collection to at least 700 unique cards scanned and written about.  I actually wrote about Larkin #704 in my collection this past week which means this goal is officially completed!  Check-in status:  Complete!

#2:  Blog Trading

In terms of trading, I decided to go with a rather modest goal (by my standard based on previous years) of trying to complete 50 different trades.  Unfortunately, I ended up only buying one new set this year (2019 A&G) which definitely hampered trading efforts since trading the "newest" stuff is always easiest.  At the moment, I'm sitting at 41 completed trades which is actually fairly close to my goal so that's good.  I've also got four more stacks of cards sitting on my desk that I've started to accumulate for different bloggers out there so that will get me up to 45 trades (which would equal my number of trades completed last year).  Can I do five additional trades before the end of 2019?  I think so but we'll see!  Check-in status:  On track.

#3:  The Want List

This is the biggest goal that I've definitely been the most vocal about for 2019.  Essentially, my goal is to get my huge want list under control by the end of the year.  At the start of this year, I had 132 different sets on my want list and I decided that I needed to get the list down to 100 or fewer sets by the end of 2019.  To date, I've done well on this goal since I've eliminated 37 sets so far!  Unfortunately, I've added an additional 18 sets so I'm down to under 100 sets quite yet.  Still, I'm making solid progress...honestly, much better progress than I thought was possible at the outset of the year.  Check-in status:  Doing well, I'm happy!

#4:  The Great Reorganization

The less said about this goal, the better. 
Did I make any progress at all in two months time?!?  :(

My card table has just as many cards on it now as it did in August...and frankly, it might even have more stuff on it now than it did way back in January.  The sheer amount of piles (and quantity of cards) is kind of overwhelming and I simply haven't had the energy or ambition to truly tackle the table.  Check-in status:  Not looking good here.

#5:  My LEGO Blog

I truly wanted to work on my LEGO blog Playing with Bricks more this year with the hopes of increasing readership over there.  The goal there was to write 50 posts for the year which I basically had to give up on during my last resolution check-in.  I ended up modifying that goal to a more attainable 20 posts written for the year instead.  I'm now sitting at 19 published posts so at least I should be able to do the revised 20 post goal.  I don't see much of a chance at the original 50 post goal for the year however.  Check-in status:  Original goal all but failed, modified goal on track to be successful

#6:  Reading

I wanted to devote more time to reading books in 2019 and set a goal of reading 12 books before the end of the year.  I'm happy to report that I actually finished this particular goal by the time of my last check-in!  Check-in status:  Complete!

So there you have, a quick look at my progress on my six 2019 Blog Resolutions.  I've now completed two goals entirely and two more goals are well underway.  Unfortunately, the last two goals are nowhere near complete (and the LEGO blog goal is virtually a lock to be left undone).  By the time the end of 2019 rolls around, I think I'll be happy if I actually complete four of my six goals in their entirety. 

How about you?  Did you set any goals for 2019 (on the blog or otherwise)?  If so, how are you doing on them?  You've still got two months to turn things around if necessary!


Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That box of Goudey........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I didn't set any goals for myself... but if I did, I haven't actively been working on them. Right now, I'm just trying to keep my head above water, write at least a few posts each week, and read and comment on other blogs on a regular basis. Looks like you're doing pretty well though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment