Featured Post

Board Game Friday: June 2024 Board Game Arena Plays!

In May 2024, I completed 44 games over on Board Game Arena.  For the month of June, I played 42 total games - so basically I was consistent on a month-to-month basis!  I was slightly more successful on the winning side of things in June - I won 19 out of 42 games (45.2% win rate compared to May's 38.6% win rate).  Of course, it's not totally fair to compare win rates that way since some games are 2 player games whereas other games could have four or more players!  All that being said, while I do try to win I love to play games so my win rate is more "interesting to look at" as opposed to "the be all and end all."  

As for the games I played, here's the full list:



As you can see, I spent a lot of time trying to get better at the game Gizmos.  


I didn't do particularly well overall playing Gizmos in JUne, but it's definitely one where I can see that I'm improving as time goes on (and that's my real goal with any game I play)!  Gizmos is basically an engine builder game.  You use marbles of certain colors to pay for bits of your engine...and those engine bits then can trigger on future plays to create more marbles (or other good things), etc. etc.  It's a fun progression where if you build your "gizmo" correctly you'll be triggering many different tiles by the time the game is nearing its conclusion.  I was first introduced to this game in person at my local board game store, my son and I tried it out in the store's demo room.  Definitely a fun game!

I'm also still enjoying Lost Ruins of Arnak a lot, though I completed one less game of Arnak in June as compared to May.  The only other new-to-me game for June was Metro.  Metro is a tile laying puzzle game that I'm also still quite bad at!  That being said, I can say that I've already played a few games of Metro in July and I'm starting to see some improvement already, perhaps next month I'll have a stronger opinion of the game to share with everyone!

That basically does it for June 2024.  It was another solid month of gaming online but I have a feeling that July is going to be an even stronger month as I'm currently in 20+ board game plays as we speak!  You'll have to wait a few more weeks though for me to be able to report on exactly how many games I get in July...and if you want to play me in anything on the site, let me know!  I'm always up for learning new games - and as you can tell by my win rate discussion from above, I don't mind losing a lot as I learn games!

Comments