Featured Post

2024 Bowman Heritage Break, Anyone?

2009 Topps Heritage Blaster #2

I decided to spend the money that I was hoping to make from my auctions currently on eBay on some 2009 Topps Heritage blasters. This is the 2nd of the 4 blasters I bought (see blaster #1 breakdown here).

Shameless self-promotion: I have 14 auctions on eBay right now, all with free shipping and all ending around 7 PM EST today (3/19). If you happen to win any of the auctions, tell me you read my blog (and if I don't know, include your favorite team in a note with payment), I'll try to throw some extra goodies in. Thanks, and I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog entry...

Blaster #2 breakdown:

57 Base cards (no duplicates within the blaster, and only 1 duplicate when combined with my first blaster (#101 Gio Gonzalez))

As a Reds fan, this was an awesome blaster! Normally, I'm happy if I pull at least one Reds card...but this blaster blew that modest expectation out of the water and more than made up for the first blaster being completely Cincinnati free...this blaster yielded 7 different Cincinnati Reds cards, including cards of Volquez and Harang (two of the better pitchers in baseball - or at least I hope they will be this year), Ramon Hernandez (new catcher) and Paul Bako (old catcher, good riddance), Chris Dickerson (dark horse fantasy player of the year candidate), Ramon Ramirez rookie card, and a Cueto-Bruce "Reliable Rookies" card that is just about picture perfect.



3 Short Prints (seeded 1:3 packs - cards #426 - 500):
444: Mike Fontenot
450: Justin Morneau
461: Detroit Tigers Coaches



Not bad short prints, I especially like the "floating head" coaches cards, especially with the funky card division - it's not often a card is divided into three wedges like that.

1 New Age Performer (seeded 1:15 packs):
NAP3: Mark Teixeira


1 Then & Now (seeded 1:15 packs):
TN10: Whitey Ford & CC Sabathia



1 Chrome Parallel (seeded 1:10 packs):
C77: Angel Salome



1 Chrome Refractor (seeded 1:31 packs):
C3: Miguel Tejada

Statistically, and personally, this blaster was much better than the first. Both yielded 3 short prints, but this blaster had two inserts of the slightly harder to find variety, a chrome and a chrome refractor, and best of all, a boatload of Cincinnati Reds cards! Through two blasters, I'm loving 2009 Topps Heritage more and more (though I still haven't seen any of those super short print variation cards).

Comments

  1. Heritage packs and blasters finally made it to my neck of the woods Wednesday. Post upcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit bizarre that they were able to update the team enough to include Hernandez as catcher but they also included Bako. Somebody didn't do their job well, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:00 AM

    How attached are you to that Morneau?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment