Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Topher of Crackin' Wax

Another yellow envelope in my mailbox, another giant chunk of cards knocked off the 'ol want lists!

This particular envelope came from Topher at the wonderful Crackin' Wax blog. I sent Topher a bunch of '09 Allen & Ginter cards, including the last short print he needed, a few National Pride cards, a sketch card, a couple of mini inserts, and a bunch of the Code cards. In return, Topher sent cards from SIX different sets that I needed!

Let's dig in:

2008 Topps Heritage Black Back:
#651: Martin Prado

I'm only missing six of the black back variation cards from the '08 Heritage set (low and high series). Even so, I still regard the black backs as one of the dumbest variations ever...even if I'm such a sucker that I decided to collect them in addition to the regular versions.

1991 Topps:
#366: Checklist Number 3 of 6.
Question: Why is it "NO. 3 of 6" when the word "number" doesn't have an "o" anywhere in it? In other news, I'm now only missing one card from the 1991 Topps set (after another trade that is in process).

2009 Topps Series 2:
342. Gerald Laird
392. Brandon Phillips

411. Troy Tulowitzki
429. Mike Hampton
435. Carlos Lee
446. Matt Holliday
454. Carlos Silva
458. Jeremy Bonderman
485. Aaron Rowand
512. Steve Pearce
The whole debacle with Series 2 and the variations really soured me on this set. I had loved it (as evidenced by me trying to collect all three versions of Series 1...but Topps really killed this one for me). I can't wait until the base set is complete and I don't have to think about this set any more.


2008 Upper Deck Spectrum:
47. Kelvim Escobar
51. Russell Martin

77. Ian Snell
99. Ryan Zimmerman
100. Dmitri Young

I'm only missing nine of the '08 Spectrum cards...and only 25 or so from the '09 set if anyone else bought these...I think I'm the only one trying to actually complete both sets in the blog-o-sphere, so any help is appreciated!

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter:
341. Edgar Gonzalez
348. Justin Masterson
Relic:
AGR-RL. Ryan Ludwick

After agreeing to this trade with Topher, I went out and bought another 4 Allen & Ginter blaster because I'm addicted to the set. Amazingly, I didn't pull either of the short prints he sent me...which means these were still needed and much, much appreciated! I'm also debating trying to complete the relic set for A&G...especially since I have quite a few already.

2009 Upper Deck Goudey:
101. Rafael Furcal
126. Jose Reyes
162. Ryan Doumit

185. Carl Crawford

Somehow, I still need two more base cards from the '09 Goudey set, plus a slew of the short prints. If you have any for trade, let me know!



What an awesome package, thanks Topher! If anyone else would like to work out a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:04 PM

    My pleasure! Thank YOU for all of the great loot, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment