Featured Post

Delivery Time! Attax, Heritage, Diamonds, Larkins, and Roger Maris!

It was only a couple of days ago that I wrote about the second envelope in the last couple of weeks that I received from blog reader Adam.  Today, it's time to go through the first envelope.  I don't have any great reason for the order in which I post trades - mostly it's whichever package seems like the most fun to write about on a given day. 

This particular trade package is a lot of fun - mostly because it is chock full of cards that were once residing on my want list.

First up, a bunch of Topps Attax cards.  This set appeared in stores, had about 15 minutes (no exaggeration) of discussion on the blogs, and then disappeared altogether.  I don't know if I'll ever finish the set - and I already know I have no plans to try to collect a similar set next year - but it would be nice to finish this one off.  Adam certainly helped - he sent me 18 cards from the set that I needed! 

A couple of my favorites:
Bronson Arroyo

I believe that Topps Attax is a decent product, but it could have been so much better if a little love went into the design.  For instance, Arroyo shouldn't have a high fastball number and crappy specialty and change-up numbers.  He's a crafty pitcher, not a speed guy. 

Rangers Captain

First, if the Rangers mascot really has a name of Rangers Captain, that's totally lame.  Lame even for mascots.  A quick Google search informs me that, yes, it really is Rangers Captain.  I'm sure there is some reason for the Lucky number 72, but I don't know what it is off the top of my head and I'm afraid of Google-ing it for fear of being let down once again.

Topps Heritage:
Cincinnati Reds

The team photo for my favorite team - and one of the few remaining short prints from this year's Heritage set...double extra awesome!

Adam also sent me a pair of diamond parallels...

And a Roger Maris 60 Years of Topps card...

And a few Larkins - but you'll have to wait to see the Larkins in all their glory in later posts.

Thanks for the trade Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. 72 was the first year of Texas Rangers baseball. Prior to that, they were the Washington Senators.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment