Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! The Dimwit Delivers Relics, Autos, and Queens!

Earlier this summer I sent Samuel (from the Daily Dimwit blog) a big 'ol pile of Allen & Ginter cards in exchange for "future considerations."  A few days ago, Samuel sent me a nice (full) box of cards - more than making up for what I sent him back in the day...  Let's take a peek at some of my favorites:

 First up, a huge pile of Gypsy Queen cards.

Of the base cards that I ended up with, the Aaron Hill card is my favorite for one reason:  the "small town park" in the background.  There's something great about a baseball card that shows off the essence of the game rather than big stadiums, glowing lights, and huge billboards.

 Samuel also sent me 14 different Gypsy Queen inserts, including what (I believe) is the final Wall Climbers card that I needed...

And do take note of the big 'ol billboard!

The package wasn't all Gypsy Queen - there was a fair bit of Topps Lineage too, including:

4 inserts that I needed for my set...

...and a pair of gorgeous mini relics of Reds!

If I weren't going crazy trying to complete the Allen & Ginter relic set, I would definitely go for the Lineage relic set.  These are great cards!  As it is, I think I'll just try to acquire the Reds from the set (and if the checklist is correct, I still need Bruce, Votto, Bench, and Perez).

Finally, Samuel also threw in a Travis Wood autograph - another sticker auto to add to my collection of Reds autographs...

..and finally, a 1982 Fleer card of the Big Red Machine - and since I was born in 1982...and my birthday is later this week, this card is extra fitting for the time of the year!

Thanks for all the great cards Samuel!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments