Featured Post

Group Break 03 in 2012: A Preview of Sorts (Please Join!)

In the world of baseball cards, it's amazing how many times I still find myself learning about a set that I didn't know existed, sometimes decades after the time it was released.  The 1995 Topps Dimension III set is exactly such a set.  Until I did a bit of research (over at the blog sponsor's page:  Baseball Card Exchange), I had never heard of the set.  I decided to buy a box of the stuff since it sounded like it would be a fun addition to the break, not to mention a great way to add a few more cards to each team's pile.  Since the break still isn't closed, I figured I'd show off the first two packs from the box so that everyone could see just what this set is all about...

The set is rather simple in terms of inserts, the packs state that there are D-III Zone cards seeded 1:3 packs and that's it.  As such, we ought to get the majority of the base set if the collation is decent!

1995 Topps Dimension III:


Pack 01:
1.  Dave Justice - Braves

13.  Moises Alou - Expos

14.  Andres Galarraga - Rockies

22.  Bobby Bonilla - Mets

50.  Wil Cordero - Expos

Initial impression:  The cards are thick!  The 3-D effect is kind of cool too, it's certainly a fun little diversion.  As of the time I am writing this post, only the Braves are claimed from this pack so if you jump in on say the Expos - you know you have two cards already!

Pack 02:
12.  Andy Benes - Padres
31.  Jeff Frye - Rangers
45.  Rafael Palmeiro - Orioles

47.  Bip Roberts - Padres
52.  Chuck Carr - Marlins

The Chuck Carr seems like it should be of one of the two Pirates in the photo but alas, it's not!  Once again, most of the teams in this pack are still available as well - sign up now so that the break can begin in earnest!

Comments

  1. hey bro - just wannna let u know even though i'm down for the dodgers, i joined a break before yours over at the dimwits place. these boxes just dont do it for me enough to break my spending discipline between paychex. u know i'll be in one of your breaks down the road. good luck, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! I try to mix up the boxes each break, sometimes low-end, sometimes high-end, and often somewhere in between. I tried something different with the figures as well, we'll see how that goes too! Thanks for stoppin' by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment