Featured Post

Group Break 4 Final Preview: 2003 Donruss Champions

Admittedly, I'm writing this post Wednesday evening after watching the Cardinals (unfortunately) beat the Marlins.  That said, I expect that by the time you read this post Thursday morning my group break still won't quite be full.  As it currently stands, there are 7 remaining slots - including the recently opened up Orioles, the Angels (who are guaranteed a special insert card somewhere in the Donruss Champions box), the Mets, and a host of others.

Note:  Whether the break fills or not, I plan to close the break and random off the extra teams when I get home from work (and after I grill dinner...and after the Reds game).  At that point, the break will begin in earnest!

As one final attempt to entice you, I present the first pack out of the Donruss Champions box (2003).

Pack 1:
10.  Troy Glaus - Angels

17.  Steve Finley - Diamondbacks

34.  Casey Fossum - Red Sox

126.  Angel Berroa - Royals

129. George Brett - Royals

181.  Adam Morrissey - Athletics

254.  Alex Rodriguez - Rangers

TG-18.  Total Game:  Miguel Tejada - Athletics

Although it may look like I purposely picked this pack given the number of unclaimed teams represented, I promise you that's not the case.  It really was the first pack out of the box - but if you want to claim a team like the Athletics you can be assured of an insert card right off the bat...or maybe claim the Royals and grab the nice George Brett card (plus the Berroa) before things even "officially" begin!

Comments