Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2011 Allen & Ginter Pack Break

There are still a bunch of open slots in my first group break for 2013 (including teams like the Dodgers)!  Go here to sign up!  The break consists of six different boxes - most of which I've never seen busted on the blogs before!

****

The first 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter pack in the Pack Wars scored a total of 19 points which is currently three points better than the second best pack (2011 Topps Series 2).  The next pack out of the box is the second (and final) Allen & Ginter pack.  Will this one be able to surpass the previous Ginter pack?

Pack Wars II - Pack 13:
2011 Topps Allen & Ginter (6 cards):

284.  Eric Jackson
A kayaking champion isn't a very exciting card to start off a six card pack.  -2

79.  Aimee Mullins

A paralympic champion IS a nice card to get - I wrote a whole blog post dedicated to Ms. Mullins back in the beginning of 2012.  You might not want to click on that link if you are at work if your boss man (or woman) disapproves of bikinis.  Just sayin'.  +5 for being awesome.

262.  Manny Pacquiao (code card)

I never got into the whole Manny hype thing...but maybe someone will want this card?  +1 for being one of the rarer code cards even if they are ugly to look at.

Ascent of Man:  4.  Porifera

I like the mural aspect of the Ascent of Man cards, but individually some of the cards are freaking boring.  This is one such boring card.  -2

Hometown Heroes:  55.  Justin Upton - Diamondbacks

Our first baseball player arrives as card #5 in the six card pack.  I don't know whether that's good or bad - it probably depends on whether you love or loathe Allen & Ginter.  For me, I like having cards of people like Aimee Mullins, it gives me an opportunity to learn things about people I never heard of.  As for this card, meh.  +1 I guess.

A&G back mini:  70.  Evan Longoria - Rays

I was really hoping to land a mini that I needed in one of the two packs, but alas, all I got was a pair of ad back minis (a set that I'm not collecting).  This one will go into my trade bait pile from the set - maybe you want it?  +2

Pack total:  5 points

Well, that pack didn't live up to the high standards of the first pack of Ginter, now did it?  Oh well, they can't all be awesome packs.

Pack Wars II Current Standings:
+19:  2011 Allen & Ginter (6 card pack #1)
+16:  2011 Topps Series 2 (8 card pack)
+15:  2011 Topps Series 1 (12 card pack #2)
+14:  2011 Topps Series 1 (12 card pack #1)
+14:  2010 Topps Series 2 (12 card pack #1)
+11:  2011 Topps Update (12 card pack #2)
+10:  2008 UD Timeline (6 card pack #1)
+09:  2008 UD Timeline (6 card pack #2)
+07:  2006 Topps Series 2 (6 card pack)
+06:  2011 Topps Update (12 card pack #1)
+05:  2011 Allen & Ginter (6 card pack #2)
-05:  2011 Topps Series 1 (12 card pack #3)
-16:  2011 Topps Series 2 (12 card pack #2)

Comments