Featured Post

The Great Barry Larkin Experiment (Revived at Last!)

Earlier this year (and for much of last year), I held a series of votes to determine the best Barry Larkin card in my collection (out of the first 100 anyhow).  My last vote was back in April (!) of this year, so I think it's time to get back to the polls in order to finish this contest before I have three hundred new Larkin cards written up on my blog.

I've had the results of the last two votes sitting on the sidebar of my blog for over four months, but just in case you somehow didn't see it (or simply ignored 'em), here are the final tallies.

I thought the '90 Checklist might put up more of a fight in this one, but the 26th seeded Donruss card managed a fairly convincing victory.  However, no victory was as lopsided as the second vote:

Woah!  The Score Dream Team card is the tenth seed in the tournament - and based on this poll I'd say that the card is a force to be reckoned with going forward.  Poor Star Struck Larkin - the 55th seed managed only a single vote en route to a humiliating defeat.

Now that the old results are out of the way (and officially entered in the tournament bracket), let's look at the next couple of match-ups.  As always, please vote on the polls on the side of my blog!

Round 20:  2003 Fleer Splendid Splinter vs. 1987 Toys-R-Us:

The Toys-R-Us card is a Larkin rookie card (albeit an oddball) but surprising it didn't get much love in the initial seeding for the tournament (it clocks in at #42).  The Splendid Splinter card is therefore the favorite since it's the #23 seed.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset here...

Round 21:  1992 Score All-Star vs. 1991 Upper Deck:

Your classic battle of base card vs. subset card.  The All-Star card is the slight favorite (30 seed vs. 35 seed) but I don't think there's a clear winner in this match-up (and I doubt either card will make it much further in the tournament).

However, it's not what I think - it's what you think...so go vote!

Comments