Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection #700: 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen - #FMRC-BL - Framed Relic

Barry Larkin
Year:  2011
Brand:  Topps Gypsy Queen
Insert set:  Framed relic
Card number:  FMRC-BL

This is my 700th Barry Larkin card shown off in my Barry Larkin Collection and it's one of my favorites since I'm a sucker for framed relics!  I like the total design of this card, everything from the frame itself to the bright red in the image used.  The whole thing has a nice "pop" to it which I approve of.  The only downside is the back of the card but by now we are all used to "legal jargon" on the backside of our relics/autos rather than statistics or useful write-ups so I'm more forgiving of that.  At least there is a team logo on the back of the card, a little touch that I appreciate. 

Overall, this relics is my fifth different Barry Larkin from the 2011 Gypsy Queen set.  I also own the regular base card, the green paper frame parallel, the bronze paper frame parallel, and the Gypsy Queen back mini parallel.  All of that, and I'm still probably not even at half of the Larkin cards in the set.  Topps definitely went overboard with parallels (both full-sized and mini) but I'm happy with what I do own and I consider this framed relic the best of all the cards I own from the set!

Comments

  1. Nice I alwasy liked the GQ framed mini relics and autos. Looks like your going to have a ton of new Barry's to chase in the new Gold Label and Update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on #700! GQ is one of my least favorite products but I agree that the framed relics look great. Have I asked you before how many total unique Larkins you own? I'm curious how long it'll take you to complete this series (other than new additions as they arrive).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I actually don't know how many unique Larkins I own. I can tell you that I have another 70ish in my scanned folder waiting to be written about and, for the most part, I haven't touched any Larkins from about 2004 onward yet (those are sitting in stacks on my table right now). I also have a slew of older Larkins that I need to go back and scan and write about - for awhile there I was going chronologically but then with trades, purchases, etc. I ended up with lots of Larkins for years that I had already "completed"!

      Delete

Post a Comment