Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,007: 1991 International Playing Card Company - 6 of Clubs

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  International Playing Card Company
Card number:  6 of Clubs


You'd be forgiven for thinking that I've already featured this particular card in a previous Barry Larkin Collection post - but you'd be wrong because that other card is from the US Playing Card Company.

Today's card and that US Playing Card both look exactly the same other than the copyright line.  I'm sure there's some sort of story that explains the two versions (I assume some sort of copyright nonsense) but for my money this is at least a rather interesting variation (as opposed to the "missing period" or "missing asterisk" variations that are rampant with late 80s, early 90s cards).

PS:  As a "math guy" I feel it is my duty to wish you all a Happy Pi Day as today is 3/14 (at least with the way most Americans write the date).

Comments

  1. Oh man... now I got to see which versions I have for my player collections and then track down the other ones.

    Hope you had a great Pi day! I did a couple of Pi activities... and discovered I have a handful of kids who have memorized the first 100 decimal places of Pi. I was blown away. I have only the first two memorized :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The International Playing Card Company is a Canadian subsidiary of the US Playing Card Company and manufactured its own cards until the early 90s.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment