Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,008: 1992 Topps Magazine - #82 - Full Panel

Barry Larkin / Mike Mussina / Juan Gonzalez / Deion Sanders
Year:  1992
Brand:  Topps Magazine
Card number:  82 (full panel)


Back in 2022, I showed off the same Barry Larkin card (except that one was already ripped out of the magazine - and not overly carefully at that).  Today, I have a pristine sheet of cards from the magazine that includes Barry's card along with Mike Mussina, Juan Gonzalez, and Deion Sanders.  I don't love the idea of collecting the exact same card twice (once ripped, once in a pristine sheet) but TCDB lists these as separate Barry Larkin entries and thus, so do I!  On the bright side for this particular magazine card, I own both versions so I can call this complete (though truth be told, I would like to upgrade my "ripped" version of the card to something a little less beat up - but that's a problem for another day).  For now, I can simply be memorized by all the rainbow colors on the full panel above!

Comments

  1. I totally believe in collecting the way you want to collect... but I'm such a hypocrite. Deep down inside I think it's silly to own a ripped version and a sheet version of the same card. But when it comes to my PC's... I definitely want to have both. Heck... I might even go a step further and have a third: the ripped, the sheet, and a sheet still intact in the magazine. Ugh. The crazy things that goes on in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drew the line at the magazine option, no room for that kind of storage!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I've never seen this particular design before. It's so 90's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment