Featured Post

New Year's Resolutions as we Near the 25% mark of the Year 2024!

Somehow, it's already mid-March so why not take stock of where I'm at with my 2024 blog resolutions.  I've been incredibly busy with work for the past month or so which means I'm not expecting a lot of successes yet.  However, doing the occasional resolution check-in does help keep me on track throughout the year!

1.  The Want List

The goal here is to get my want list down to 25 or fewer sets (I started the year with 28 sets on my want list).  I haven't completed any sets yet this year, however, I also haven't added any sets to my want list so I'm still sitting at 28 total sets.  That being said, I probably will be collecting the 2024 Topps flagship set so you can expect me to add at least one new set to my want list in the next few days.

2.  The Great Reorganization

As usual, I've made virtually no progress on getting my collection fully organized.  Arguably, things are worse off now than they were at the start of the year.  Moving on...

3.  Reading

My goal is to read a total of at least 5 books in 2024.  I failed at this goal the last two years, surely I won't fail again, right?!  So far, I'm actually on track for success as I've read one book.  Unfortunately, while I have started a second book I can't say that's grabbed my attention at all.  I might end up cutting my losses on that one and starting something else in an effort to actually finish this particular resolution.

4.  Disc Golf

It's still too cold, wet, and windy to play disc golf where I live.  That being said, later this week the temperatures are supposed to warm up a bit so maybe I'll get my first round of 2024 in before the week is done!

5.  My LEGO Blog

My goal is to hit 36 posts (an average of three posts per month).  So far, I've only managed to write two posts (for an average of one per month not counting March).  Obviously, like most of my other resolutions, I have a ways to go with this one.

Alright, so that was a kind of disappointing look at how I've done thus far with my 2024 resolutions.  That said, given that I missed posting for about half of February and I've already missed some days in March, I didn't expect that I'd have a lot of great news on the resolution front for now.  Hopefully, in the near future work will settle down a bit and I'll have more time and energy to devote to my blogs (and maybe even have some time to start organizing my collection more)!

Until then, I'll plug away on what I can and be glad that I have any time whatsoever to spend on my many hobbies.

Comments

  1. It's hard to run more than one blog. I have so many ideas for multiple things to write about, I just don't have the time. Barely have time to run one anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrapped this post up perfectly. You have a great attitude towards your hobbies. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were realistic at least!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment