Featured Post

Delivery Time! Surprise Package from Steven at the Easy Life

The other day I was surprised to find an unexpected package in my mailbox from Steven at The Easy Life blog. I had traded with Steven before (recap here and here) and recently won a contest on his blog and got more great cards (recap here).


After the contest, I had made a note to try and find some cards that Steven needed - but he beat me to the punch again by sending me a yellow envelope full of just under 50 cards that I needed for a variety of sets.


First, Steven provided me with the FINAL card I needed for the 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes set. I'm happy to report that I now have the entire base set (and roughly half the charcoal variation set...but I haven't felt like tackling that set yet). The last card I needed was Justin Upton.


Second, Steven knocked off another one of the rokie card variations from Topps Stadium Club, this one the "a" version of Blake DeWitt.


The remainder of the package was chock full of Upper Deck base cards, which helped put a huge dent in the total number of cards I need for the mammoth set. I won't list every card, but some of my favorites included:


#92 Micah Owings:


Micah has the opportunity to crack the Reds' rotation this year. From all accounts, he seems to be a great guy who also happens to be a really good hitting pitcher - something that he should be able to capitalize on in the Great American Ballpark for sure!

#465 Aaron Harang:

I believe this was the last Cincinnati Red card I needed from the set - plus Harang's been one of my favorite pitchers on the Reds since his arrival in 2003 (even if last year he did horrible thanks to Dusty Baker forcing him to pitch a whole bunch of innings in an extra inning game).

#SQ-31 Adam Dunn (Star Quest Common Insert)

I actually like the Star Quest insert set, especially the shiny SuperRares. I like the Adam Dunn card a lot, though it makes me sad to think that he'll be playing for Cincinnati East (Washington) for the next two years instead of the real Cincinnati team.

Thanks again Steven - and I'll be sending some cards your way soon! If anyone else wants to set up a trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I had no idea you needed 2008 Upper Deck cards. I have tons. I'll have to go through them and see if I have what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very glad you dug the cards my friend! maybe if you guessed good, more will be on the way to you by means of the body count contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flash: Thanks - I appreciate any help!

    Steve - thanks again! I certainly try to guess well, it worked once so far!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment