Featured Post

Nachos Grande Ranks All 30 MLB Teams - The Better Late than Never Edition

Nachos Grande favorite MLB teams from #30 - #1.

I promised back before the MLB season started that I would rank all thirty Major League Baseball teams according to my particular attitudes toward each team.  Initially, the plan was one post per team.  However, since the season is well underway, I'm going to skip the rest of the posts and simply provide the complete list in order (remember, this was before the 2010 season started). 

First, here's my list (all links go to the teams that I already wrote a post about previously).

Nachos Grande Ranks MLB:
1.  Reds
2.  Pirates
3.  Phillies
4.  Indians
5.  Mariners
6.  Detroit Tigers
7.  Baltimore Orioles
8.  White Sox
9.  Colorado Rockies
10.  Rangers
11.  Blue Jays
12.  Rays
13.  Angels
14.  Marlins
15.  Arizona Diamondbacks
16.  Twins
17.  Nationals
18.  Royals
19.  Padres
20.  Brewers
21.  Cubs
22.  Astros
23.  Athletics
24.  Dodgers
25.  Cardinals
26.  San Francisco Giants
27.  Braves
28.  Mets
29.  Boston Red Sox
30.  Yankees

A few quick notes about the list now that another season is well underway.  First, there are a whole bunch of teams that I really don't care one way or the other about.  When I first put my list together, I fully expected to feel stronger emotions to each MLB team than I actually did.  Second, you'll notice most of the most popular MLB teams near the bottom of my list - that's a combination of over-saturation of those teams and my small market mentality as a Reds fan (and, quite honestly, probably some jealousy in there too).  I can say this, if I were to redo the list right now, many teams would be shuffled around!

Comments

  1. How can your #2 team be from the same division as your favorite? That just seems so wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pirates are my "home town" team seeing as how I live in central Pennsylvania. And while I agree one usually doesn't like two teams in the same division, it isn't exactly like the Reds and/or Pirates have been contenders lately... Should the Reds and Pirates both revert back to their early 90s form, you can bet the Pirates will plummet down my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment