Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Do You Ever Look at Your Blogger Stats? (NSFW)

As the post title asks:  Do you ever look at your Blogger stats?  I like to check them out from time to time, once in a while I learn something - but more often than not I'm simply confused...

For instance, in the past week, some of the leading search terms that have led people to my blog are:

  • Angry Birds rap
  • Drunken monkeys
  • Rachel Coots Facebook
  • Skanderbeg Tattoo
  • Dimpled Truncated Octahedron Origami 

How's that for a (primarily) baseball card blog?

I know I posted the Angry Birds rap a few weeks back, so that search makes some sense.  I've also had a few posts on one of my other hobbies - namely origami (including a dimpled truncated octahedron).  After those two searches though, things start to get a bit weird.  I'm not sure why my blog is showing up as a main hit for drunken monkeys...

Editor note:  After searching Google with the terms "drunken monkeys" and fanofreds, I see that I have used the term 'drunken monkeys' a number of times...mostly in relation to the Reds front office (for example, here, here, and here).

Finally, I have no idea whatsoever why my blog is serving as a hit to searches for Rachel Coots.  I have a feeling that the people who searched for Ms. Coots were really looking for Rachel Cootes - that's Coots, but with an "e".
Remember that poll where no one voted for woodworking?  Shame on you...

And last, I did a Google search for skanderbeg tattoos and I still have no idea what that actually means.  I do know that I haven't talked about such things on my blog until this moment...  Sometimes Google is a little goofy with their searches I guess!

Editor's note (again):  A bit more searching of my own blog uncovered this post which references Skanderbeg, an Albanian National Hero.  Maybe Google is more thorough than I thought.

Image source: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1055446

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:02 AM

    Well, no I don't look at my Blogger stats. Because I use WordPress!

    (But I do check those!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of difficult to worry about search terms when I'm looking at a woman with:

    1) Dirty knees
    2) a tool belt for underwear
    3) a drill and a hammer.

    I'm sorry, but it had to be said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to look when i first started. hardly ever any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am predicting that the views on this post are high for some reason. And it is not because of the search words you put in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment