Featured Post

Four Posts Later, It Must Be an Addiction.

On August 7, I posted my first ever blog post about Legos.  Exactly two weeks later, there was a second post about Legos which involved the acquisition of two more little figures (moving my collection to a total of four).  It only took five more days to get the third post - this time involving a single soccer player figure.  Since August 26, things have been all quiet on the Lego front - or so you might assume.  But if you did assume that, you'd be incorrect.  I actually completed my first trade that involved Legos (more on that another day) and another Listia win involving the little plastic men.

Who'd I get this time?

I bought into a "two unopened packs" auctions (Series 5) so I had no idea what I might get.


Looking over the checklist for the series, I already had the graduate and the fisherman, but with 14 out of 16 possible figures being new to me, I figured I'd take a chance.  Besides, I would love to acquire the Royal Guard (#3), the soldier (#2), the Boxer (#13), the Gangster (#15), the Clown (#9), and both the Woodsman (#8) and the Snowboarder (#16).  By my count, that meant there were 7 figures that I'd love to have, 2 figures that I already have, and thus 6 figures that would be mostly "meh" to me.

My two unopened packs arrived yesterday - who do you think I got?

The Zookeeper:

The Dino guy:

I actually think the Dino (or is it Lizard) guy is kind of neat.  The Zookeeper is one of the more boring figures though (at least for me) - probably only the female workout instructor would be a worse choice for me.

Oh well, at least the figures were "free" thanks to Listia.  I think I'd gladly trade away a few 1991 Score cards for the Legos!  Finally, here's my full collection (or at least the collection that's been blogged about - still a few more surprises waiting for a future post)!

Did I mention that I learned where my local Wal*Mart is keeping the newest series of the Lego dudes (and dudettes)?  Oh man.

Comments

  1. The zookeeper is cool... but the monkey is cooler! Gotta find me a few of these packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lizard man. Though the zookeeper is a bit boring, I think I might go for getting all the females at some point.

    I can't win these on Listia because I don't possess the credits! And if I do ... I get swiped. ALL THE TIME. Wretched Listia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment