Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 173: 1995 Pinnacle - #382

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Pinnacle
Card number:  382


Unlike a lot of people, I never fully understood the appeal of the Pinnacle brand.  I suppose it was because I didn't actually get my hands on any Pinnacle cards until well after '95...and by that time other companies had done similar things (but executed them better).  For instance, the hideous gold foil splotch at the bottom of the card - hard to read, hard to like.

One thing that I do like about this card is the back.  While I usually prefer full career statistics, I can make exceptions sometimes - especially when you get a pair of color photos that are different from the front of the card.  Even better, the card back is both informative and easy-to-read, something that can't be said for the front.

I must admit:  Had I actually ever seen and/or opened a pack of the '95 Pinnacle cards around the time of their release, I probably would have loved them.  Based on my Larkin collection, the 1995 Pinnacle set seems to run circles around 1995 Bowman, 1995 Fleer, and 1995 Topps!

Comments