Featured Post

The Barry Larkin Experiment: Round 1Q

It's time for Round 1Q of the great Barry Larkin Experiment.  However, before I unveil the four nominees for the next round, we should take a look at the two recently completed rounds.

First, Round 1O.  

As you can see from the final poll results, the 1994 Fleer Flair card was by and far the winner.  The race for second place was a lot closer - The 2001 Fleer Triple Crown eeked out a one vote advantage and managed to move on to the next round.

Round 1P was much, much closer.

In this round, in fact, there was a tie between the 2003 Donruss and the 1992 Stadium Club card for first place.  Although both cards will move on to the next round, I have to cast my vote as a tie-breaker for first place.  I'll cast my vote in favor of Stadium Club.

With the old results out of the way, let's move on to Round 1Q!  Here are your nominees:

1995 Topps base:
 
I don't think I can sum this card up any better than I did on the original post.  There's a decent chance this card ends up in Round 2 I would think.

1996 Score Star Struck:
 
Or as I call it, the Larkin's Constipated card.

1995 Tombstone Pizza:
 
You have to love a card with a cactus on it, right?  As far as unlicensed cards go, this one has got to be near the top of the pile.  It's a nice card!

1995 Topps Stadium Club Cover Story:
 
The fun thing about the various votes for the Larkin Experiment is that each round has a unique identity.  For example, this round features an odd-ball card, a pair of subset cards, and regular 'ol base cards.  Which type of card will win?  Will the subset lovers vote in droves will the oddball collectors in all of us rejoice at the Tombstone pizza card?  I have no idea - which is why you need to vote!

Comments