Featured Post

The Barry Larkin Experiment: Round 1S

It's time for another round of voting, but before we get to the next round we should take a look at the results from the previous two rounds.

In Round 1Q, we ended up with a two-way tie for first between 1995 Topps and 1995 Tombstone Pizza.  Since I only use my vote to help settle ties, I gave the nod to Tombstone just because it was something a bit different.

In Round 1R, we ended up with the third consecutive tie (going back to Round 1P)!   Once again, I had to cast my vote - which I did in Fleer Focus' favor.

Now that the previous two rounds are out of the way, let's move on to the issue at hand:

Round 1S:

1990 Classic:
 
A vote for this card is a vote for Saved by the Bell.  That's all I can think of whenever I see the 1990 Classic set design.   I wasn't a huge Saved by the Bell fan though...and I'm not a huge fan of this card either.

1996 Pacific Collection:
 
From the ugliness of early 90s Classic cards to the quirkiness of Pacific...  I have always had a thing for Pacific cards - they are usually so odd that they become charming.  For me, this card isn't the best example of Pacific's design but it's still a heckuva lot better than that hideous Classic card!  I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if this card doesn't at least beat out the Classic card.

2002 Topps Total:
 
Ah yes, Topps Total - the champion of the people!  Unlike most people, I've never really loved Topps Total...  I fully expect this card to make it to the next round - but it's unlikely to win a tie breaker vote with me (if we end up with four ties in a row somehow)!

1994 O-Pee-Chee:
 
What can I say?  Some rounds are full of great cards and other rounds...well....not so much.  This isn't the strongest round of nominees - and I highly doubt any of these cards will progress past the next round but I have been surprised before.  Who knows, maybe some of you out there really love 1994 O-Pee-Chee (though if you do, I might have to question your sanity).   I do think it'll be interesting to see which two cards make it out of this round...they'll be underdogs for sure in the next round of voting!

Comments

  1. Are you kidding me? Weak Round????

    1990 Classic is just that, "classic". It will win a round or 2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment