Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Barry Larkin Experiment: Round 1V

Welcome to another edition of the Barry Larkin Experiment.  At this point, there are only four more polls left for the first round.  At that point, we will have cut out most of the chafe (plus some good stuff) and the polling should get much more interesting.  I know I can't wait - but we all have to wait a tiny bit more as I first need to go over the recent results from Round 1U.

As you can see, the 1992 Fleer Ultra card won easily but we had a tie for second place.  Since I only vote to break ties, the nod goes to 1988 Donruss.  Sportflics was embarrassed in that poll - I couldn't not mention that!

On to the next round.

Round 1V:


2004 Donruss Playoff Honors:

The '04 Donruss Playoff Honors card features a great photo of Larkin jumping over a sliding Jack Cust.  I don't have much else to say about the card - I fully expect the photo alone will propel this card into the next round.

1988 Score:

From a great looking card to....Score.  Way too much purple.  Way too much little text (though I do appreciate the information).  I don't see this card making it far - but I have been wrong before.


1989 Donruss:

The '89 Donruss set is much, much more colorful than the '88 version.  Unfortunately, I don't exactly dig the bright purple border and the mustard yellow color on the back of the cards.  However, I do like the large team logo on the front of the card - probably the single best part of the design if you ask me...well that and the fact that this design uses less purple than one of the other nominees from the round.

1992 Topps All-Star:

The 1992 Topps base card lost by six votes back in round 1K.  Will the All-Star card fare any better?  I think it should because, quite frankly, this is a much better looking card!

Those are your nominees - now go vote!

Comments

  1. Gotta go with the '04 Playoff Honors. That is a fantastic photo of Barry turning the double play.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment