Featured Post

Trade Stack 9: For the Night Owls (but not THE Night Owl Most Likely)

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  2/24/11


Clearly, the Sweet Spot card that I added to the trade stack was about as tempting for you guys as it was for me when I first pulled it.  Oh well, today's card is better - and as a special bonus, those of you on the West Coast (or those that simply stay up late) will get the first shot at the new, one-card-larger trade stack.  As of now, we are up to four cards in the trade stack - and amazingly enough given all the Topps love lately, three of the four are Upper Deck cards.  


Today's card is awesome for a couple of reasons.  First, the rookie class subset is the only subset that I know of that predominately features a lower case "r" on the front of the card.  Second, this card screams '90s with the boxes in the background - and the reverse of the card is even crazier with two paragraphs of text slightly overlapping one another.  You'll have to claim the trade stack to see that though, I've got to leave a little mystery in order to tempt the masses to trade me at least one card off my want list for the entire stack below!


1998 Upper Deck Collector's Choice:
120.  Todd Helton - Rockies




2008 Upper Deck Sweet Spot:
72.  Mark Teixeira - Angels




2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
192.  Tom Knapp




2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes:
Retail Charcoal Variation:

141.  Joe Blanton - Athletics





Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!

Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 1:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 2:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 3:  17 cards by Cam
Stack 4:  4 cards by Cam
Stack 5:  9 cards by Daily Dimwit
Stack 6:  4 cards by The Lost Collector
Stack 7:  1 card by Baseball Dad
Stack 8:  1 card by M. Spiegel
Stack 9:  ?? by ??

Comments

  1. West coast ! You think us Ohio collectors go to bed at 8 o'clock or what !? No I'm not interested in this stack yet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "r" definitely reminds me of Radiohead's first logo from the Pablo Honey tour, which fits with the period of this card. Sweet! -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment