Featured Post

Trade Stack 10: A New Beginning with an Older Mickey Mantle

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  2/26/11


Well, it's official - I truly have no idea what card will make someone claim the trade stack (which is what keep this so much fun for me - plus the fact that I get to "get rid of" multiple cards I don't want and turn them into 1 or more cards that I do actually want).  The last trade stack had an Athletic retail parallel, a Todd Helton rookie class card, a sweet spot card of Mark Teixeira, and a couple of others...but no one stepped forward to claim it until I offered up a Chipper Jones mini card that was cut into two pieces by the Topps' pack crimper.


It has also amazed me that now that I've completed 9 trade stack trades, only one time has the stack grown to at least ten cards (stack three reached 17 cards before someone claimed it).  One other stack hit 9 cards, a third hit 8 and no other stack had more than 6 cards in it...including two stacks that ended up being one-for-one trades (excellent in my book)!  


What will the tenth trade stack bring?  Will this be a one card stack because Yankee fans can't get enough of Mickey Mantle...or has Mantle worn out his welcome and the stack will continue to grow?  Frankly, I have no idea anymore...but I'm anxious to find out whether this Mickey Mantle will result in a new Topps diamond card for me, or an Allen & Ginter mini I need, or any other number of cards from my want list.


2007 Topps:
Mickey Mantle Home Run History
MHR418 - Mickey Mantle - Yankees



Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!

Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 1:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 2:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 3:  17 cards by Cam
Stack 4:  4 cards by Cam
Stack 5:  9 cards by Daily Dimwit
Stack 6:  4 cards by The Lost Collector
Stack 7:  1 card by Baseball Dad
Stack 8:  1 card by M. Spiegel
Stack 9:  6 cards by bwsmith25
Stack 10:  ?? cards by ??

Comments