Featured Post

So Long 2011, Hello 2012!

Like almost everyone else on my blog roll, I figured I'd do the whole year end summary post too.  For me, this year was a roller coaster of incredible highs and not-so-great lows.  Luckily, the highs definitely outnumbered the lows so this should be a mostly positive year summary!

In terms of my blog, the year 2011 started off at the end of 2010 when I posted my 2011 Resolutions.  Unfortunately, I haven't sat down long enough to think of resolutions for 2012 but I'm sure I'll find time to do that early next week.   My year ended with 974 posts in 2011 (counting this post) - along with 166 trade packages (plus a ton of group break packages mailed).  I was mildly disappointed the post office didn't mail me a Christmas card thanking me for all my business over the past year.

As for the rest of 2011, well, it was a mixed bag.  On the blogging side of things, I posted the third trade stack back in January - something that I've kept going throughout most of the year.  In fact, the trade stack might be my only contribution to the blogging community as a number of other people have "borrowed" the idea with their own twists.

In early February I decided that I was an idiot (ok, I knew that already) and would collect the entire 660 Topps diamond parallel set.  Knowing how everyone would be going gaga for sparklies, I created a contest where I'd be giving away lots of stuff in exchange for the cards.   The good news is the contest is still active (which means the bad news is that I still haven't finished off the set).  February was also one of the few months where I did my "Best of the Month" posts...a good idea that I somehow didn't keep up with (probably because my memory is incapable of remembering something that only happens once a month, kind of like the new moon).  

In March, I decided I'd be a better blogger and actually create blog entries with content.  Of course, that didn't last long but I did manage to try and figure out why National Chicle didn't get more love.  In April, most of the month was spent wasting money on retail blasters and packs of Topps Heritage.  Yet another set that I'm still quite a few cards shy of completing.  Most of May was dominated by my fifth group break (though that number is mostly likely a lie since I didn't number some of my breaks, such as the Gypsy Queen break).

June as a big month for me personally as I got married to my wonderful wife (and I got some baseball cards as a wedding present).  In July, I tried once again to create some sort of compelling entries - one of which was Why the Trade Post isn't Dead.  That post got a few comments (more than I usually get at least) which made me think I ought to try and do more posts that require thought and brains...but then I realized that I wouldn't have much time for such things because August brought the beginning of graduate school along with a new blog design for Nachos Grande.

September marked the first month of my newest idea - theme weeks.  Much like the Trade Stacks, I was able to keep the Theme Week idea going throughout the remainder of the year (and I have another Theme Week that I'm working on for next week so at least that idea will have a bit of a lifespan.

October sucked.  

November sucked.

And in December, I managed to piss a lot of people off with my thoughts of whose blog is number one.  Also in December, I made the decision to not return to graduate school (more on that another day).

And that, my friends, was 2011.

It was a year of immense joy and immense disappointment - but hopefully the personal roller coaster will calm down a bit for 2012.  As far as card collecting, 2011 marked the first year where I managed to avoid trying to collect almost everything that was released - though as things like Topps Attax that are still on my want list prove, I wasn't 100% successful in that venture.  As I said earlier, I'll try to highlight some of my 2012 goals for the blog and my collection in the upcoming week - until then may you all have a safe and happy New Year's celebration and I'll see you in 2012.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year Chris. Looking forward to more Nachos in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment