Featured Post

Trade Stack 15: A Question for You.

Here is how this works:
Every so often (i.e. whenever I feel like it), I will add a card to a "Trade Stack".  Whenever the stack becomes appealing enough to someone, that person needs to comment on the post saying they'd like to claim the stack AND tell me which card they are sending off of my want list.  That's all you have to do - trade me ONE card (or more, of course) card from my want list for the entire stack of cards that I'm offering.  Each time, it will be first come, first serve...so act quickly (unless of course you are a gambler and hope to wait it out until there are 10+ cards in the stack that you want in exchange for a single 2004 UD Vintage card that I am looking for)!

The Trade Stack:
Last update:  3/28/11


As you know, I've been having a lot of fun with the trade stacks - but I do have a question for all of you (as always, honest feedback is appreciated)!  Would you prefer that I only add "serious" trade bait type cards (mostly inserts, numbered cards, parallels, etc.) or do you enjoy a mixture of inserts, parallels, and base cards?  I ask, because, on the one hand, I'm guessing stacks would be claimed quicker if I only included "chase" cards.  On the other hand, I would think it'd be kind of fun to nab a stack having 17 cards (like this one that Cam claimed awhile back) in exchange for a single card off my want list.  I also recognize that there are many set collectors out there - and who knows, maybe card #588 just happens to be the last card you needed from the 1987 Topps set (in which case you are in luck today - claim this stack quickly)!  I'm also curious if anyone still collects Expos cards?  Are they even worth adding to the stack occassionally?  Heck, for that matter, what about teams like the Astros, Royals, Angels, Twins, or Blue Jays (all teams remaining in my Gypsy Queen group break that is happening in a few weeks)?


1987 Topps:
588.  Wallace Johnson - Expos




1997 Upper Deck Collector's Choice:
392.  John Olerud - Mets




2009 Goudey:
129.  A.J. Burnett - Yankees




1988 Topps:
231.  Pittsburgh Pirates Leaders - Barry Bonds & Bobby Bonilla




2010 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Sailors of the Seven Seas:
SSS3.  Sir Walter Raleigh





Want the card(s) in the stack?  Act fast - tell me which card you will send me off my want list in the comments below!  If no one claims this card within a reasonable amount of time (a few hours up to a few days, depending) - I'll add another card to the stack and the process will start again!

Previously Claimed Trade Stacks:
Stack 01:  2 cards by dayf
Stack 02:  8 cards by Justin
Stack 03:  17 cards by Cam
Stack 04:  4 cards by Cam
Stack 05:  9 cards by Daily Dimwit
Stack 06:  4 cards by The Lost Collector
Stack 07:  1 card by Baseball Dad
Stack 08:  1 card by M. Spiegel
Stack 09:  6 cards by bwsmith25
Stack 10:  6 cards by Baseball Dad
Stack 11:  1 card by Patrick
Stack 12:  5 cards by Matt B.
Stack 13:  4 cards by Steve G.
Stack 14:  3 cards by ShaneK
Stack 15:  ?? by ??

Comments

  1. I saw that 17 card claim and I would have jumped on that had I seen it. There's some nice stuff IMO. And I like seeing a stack build and build wondering when it will finally go. Sure, inserts would get you a quicker claim, and if you want a stack to go to start it over then I guess you could just toss an insert in at #11 or something. I wonder if you offered more inserts you might get more inserts in trade. I'm not sure how that would end up. And I know there are Royals, Astros, Twins, and Blue Jays fans out there. Oddly enough, I haven't seen any Angels collectors, and I don't know about the Expos either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way it is now, but adding inserts and whatnot wouldn't hurt things, I don't think.

    I'd leave in Expos etc. for set builders and the few collectors out there (I'll be working on a big expos project a few months from now).

    I guess the one flaw with the system is that sometimes people are only claiming stacks for one or maybe two cards and the rest isn't really of interest to them. I don't really have a solution for that, though, and I do enjoy watching the big eclectic stacks grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people aren't going to claim a stack until they see a card they are interested in, no matter how many cards are in it.If you have an insert or #'d card, do you mind trading it for a common card on your want list? Or would you rather get closer to equal "value".The trade stack concept is fun but if you want faster turnover,like Ryan says,add more non common cards.Or for another twist, add more than one card at a time, but randomly, not every time, to keep people interested.Even fun things can get boring after a while !(some fun things anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Wallace Johnson - that name sounds familiar. I just got to 1988 on my blog, and he's the guy who broke up Ron Robinson's perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment